Hello Big Sur families!
This week was national pet week. We learned all about different kinds of pets and the things that they need. Some of our friends even shared pictures of their pets.
This week during work boards:
We practiced cutting with scissors along a straight line. The line led a cat to a ball of yarn.
We used patterned blocks and mats to make pets out of shapes.
Our friends counted dog bones by using dice and taking turns.
We made a cat out of the letter “C”.
We went fishing by using pipe cleaner fishing poles and fish.
Our friends made dog houses using Lincoln logs.
We pretended we were veterinarians by using our doctor kit on our stuffed animals.
We made fish bowls by painting half a plate blue, and then adding a lot of fish stickers!
We really loved our activities this week. Make sure to ask me which one was my favorite!
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Make sure to replenish your child’s extra clothes as needed
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of underwear
- 2 pairs of pants
- 2 shirts
- Start thinking about bringing in cooler clothes and taking home the warmer ones.
- If you haven’t already, please bring in sunscreen for your child
- Shutdown day is Friday, May 26th so Parkside will be closed.
- Parkside will also be closed Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.