This week in Big Sur, we learned about groundhogs and shadows! Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow so we will have 6 more weeks of winter!
We matched the groundhog to its shadow.
Using paper towel rolls, we painted them brown and made groundhog tunnels!
We made a paper plate groundhog!
Friends put the number and bear foam puzzle back together!
In the sandbox, we made tunnels and burrows.
We practiced some math by measuring how tall the puppets are with cubes.
In the block area, we had flashlights and saw shadows!
We listened to a book on cd called, “Wake up Groundhog”.
- Please label all of your child’s items!
- Fields4Kids on Wednesdays! Please be here before 9!
- Friendship day is February 14th!
- You may bring in valentines cards for the teachers to hand out.
- Please no candy or chocolate.