Hello from Yosemite! We have had a busy week!
On Monday, Miss Trudi visited us and brought a bearded dragon! We learned the differences between real “dragons” and the fairytale.
During workboards we learned all about hibernation, and the animals that hibernate.
We drew bears hibernating in caves and practiced writing the letter Hh.
We learned how animals eat lots of food and get fat bellies before hibernation. We used “fat gloves” to test how the fat keeps animals warm.
We used unifex cubes to count and make a graph.
We made our own caves for hibernation.
Finally, we worked together to make hibernation cupcakes! We baked a teddy graham into each one!
- As we are into the snowy season, please make sure your child has snowpants, winter boots, a hat, and two pairs of gloves/mittens.
- December 14: We will be making gingerbread cookies with Jen MR
- 9:30-10:30 Baking
- 3-4 Decorating
- We would love to have volunteers for either/both time slots. If you cant make it, but would like to help we are also looking for decoration donations! (No nuts please).
- December 20: Our holiday concert will be at 10am!
- Stop in and see how much we have been practicing!
Have an awesome weekend, and welcome to the holiday season!