This week in Big Sur we learned about hibernation and migration!
We painted cups black to make a bears den! A bear is hiding inside the cup.
We made symmetric butterfly paintings!
Using paper plates and string, we made a squirrels nest and we learned about how geese migrate in a V shape, so we used bird stickers and followed the V shape!
We practiced counting bears.
In the block area, we made a bears den.
We played the game brown bear, brown bear what do you see! This had friends matching the animals and repeating the words from the book.
In the sandbox, we pretended to have animals burrow in the sand.
- Book orders are due December 12
- Please bring in snowpants/boots if you haven’t already.
- We are making gingerbread cookies December 15th! Parents are welcome to help us make them/decorate!
- Our Holiday concert is December 20th!
- Please have TWO pairs of hats and mittens.
- We have introduced our Elf “Mainer” into the classroom!
Have a great weekend!