Wow, I feel that we have seen every type of weather this week! Starting with the rain, snow, ice, and of course the wind it has been an interesting week at Parkside. It surely does make me think of what March is going to bring and is it going to come in like a lion or a lamb?
A special thank you goes out to Sarah Wilder from Wild Cow Creamery for giving us our special afternoon snack on our Friendship day! The strawberry ice cream was delicious!
Family survey: Did you receive an email from me on Monday asking you to complete a family event survey? We have received several responses so far, so thank you to all who have taken a moment to complete it! We will keep the survey open until Monday, February 29th after that we will look at the results to help determine which event(s) we should pursue. If you did not receive an email from me, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I will send it to you.
Pre-K registration: I cannot believe it is already time to discuss Pre-K registration for this fall, but it is true! Parents, of children who will be eligible for Pre-K beginning in September (they must turn 4 on or before October 15, 2016) there is a letter in your mailbox that includes information on our Pre-K program as well as how to register at Parkside. The deadline for registering is March 7th!
Dental Field Trip: The Yosemite and Olympic classrooms will be visiting the dental clinic at the University of Maine at Augusta on Thursday, March 25th. There is a permission slip on top of each classroom’s cubbies for you to give us permission to transport your child by Cyr bus to the clinic. We will spend approximately 45 minutes over at the clinic; children will get to know more on how to develop healthy habits for healthy teeth as well as discuss what happens during a dental visit.
What do WE need to know about your child? I tried to find an article that would help answer this broad question, but unfortunately came up empty handed. Lately we have had conversations as a team to discuss what type of information do we need to know about your child in order to provide the best care while at Parkside? Here are some of the answers to this question:
- Any medical changes: if your child is on medication, is needing surgery, or has a medical condition that we need to know about please make sure to tell your child’s teacher. If your child had anything contagious i.e. strep throat, the flu, or even conjunctivitis; it is always helpful for us to keep an eye out on the other children and we will alert other families when necessary if it something reportable. Did you know we are responsible for reporting to the CDC on some contagious diseases? This information is very valuable to know!
- If there are any changes to your child’s routine including eating, and sleeping, and bathrooming.
- If there are any changes at home, such as Mom is going away for a couple of days is a VERY important piece of information that is helpful.
- If you have any concerns about your child’s development
- If you and your child are going to be away for more than one day, it would be helpful to us so we don’t worry.
- If your child was hurt at home, please let us know so we don’t think they got hurt at school.
All of these items are extremely important in order for us to do our job to the best of our ability. We recognize that drop-off times can be rushed, if you forget to share any information with your child’s teacher please give us a call so you can discuss it with them. If you have any questions about any of this, please stop by the office or talk with your child’s teacher.
Wednesday, February 24th: Big Sur, Yosemite, and Olympic will resume their visits to Fields4 Kids!
Thursday, February 25th: Yosemite and Olympic will visit the dental clinic at University of Maine at Augusta campus.
Thursday, February 25th: Parent/Teacher Advisory Meeting: look for an agenda in your mailboxes next week!
Friday, March 25th (Friday before Easter): Shut down day! Parkside will be Closed for teacher training and parent/teacher conferences. We will also be offering conferences in March for those who are not able to meet on the 25th or if you would like to talk with your child’s teacher for more than 15 minutes in the mornings and afternoons. Please talk with your child’s teacher or stop by the office to arrange a conference earlier than the 25th.
Have a great weekend,